Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 5:14pm
Today, I was trying to text someone (I just sent a "test" message) and put in the wrong number. Here's the whole exchange:
Me: test
HS: Who is this?
Me: Oops! Was trying to dial someone else and punched in 84 instead of 07. Sorry!
HS: Oh thats alright...but who is this? jw [ed. note "just wondering"]
Me: Joey. Age 39. Musician, married, two kids. :)
HS: Oh haha ok
Me: How bout you?
HS: Im in highschool. I just thought u were a friend from school or something
Me: Kinda figured. I'll lose your number then. Go have fun!
HS: Alrighty you too.
Me: One last thing. While I have this rare opportunity, I'd like to share a few things I wish I'd known in high school.
1. Take your education seriously.
2. Your future can be determined by the choices you make today. There is no "time machine."
3. The odds are pretty good your parents really DO know what they're talking about. Listen.
HS: Thanks for the words of wisdom! I can assure you that I am a good kid. I do my best in school and my sport and ive always been close with my family. But ill always remember that advice. thanks
Me: I was hoping that was the case. Somebody's been doing some good parenting! I just didn't want to miss a chance to help someone - just in case. Take care!
So, there ya have it. What a nice kid!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment