Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:13am
I know there are things about me that make some people uncomfortable. Coming to that realization has really helped me, because I am now able to separate those "quirky" aspects of my personality from the basic things that make someone a "good" or "bad" person.
I know I have a lot of really positive aspects that set me apart from other people. But, in addition to that (or BECAUSE of that, depending on your view) there are also things that may irritate some, even scare them away. Maybe my world view is too narrow, or I don't follow fashion, or I don't show enough emotion (Some even say I show too much), or I'm not into sports. Too "religious?" Not "religious" enough? Then there's the whole "depression" thing. Whatever.
Even if I find someone I have a lot in common with, and I would really like to pursue a friendship; regardless of what I think/how I feel about that person, if there's something about ME that's a "dealbreaker" for THEM, then we wouldn't make very good friends after all. (A hard lesson I've recently had to learn pertaining to a singer in a band I used to really enjoy being a part of.)
And it doesn't have to be the end of the world.
How liberating!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment