Sunday, September 20, 2009

Genius

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 3:22pm

Ok. I've taken a teensy little bit of flak for being a little too prolific with regard to my Facebook posts over the past couple of days, so I was planning to take a break for a while, but after making this discovery, I couldn't possibly NOT share it.

There's this cool thing called Pandora, which is a website where you type in your favorite song, or artist, or whatever you happen to be in the mood for right at that moment. The database then returns a bunch of stuff that does a pretty decent job of replicating the general "vibe" of whatever you typed in.

The iTunes version of this is called "Genius." The difference is that it pulls the songs from YOUR OWN LIBRARY!

Best gift I ever could have possibly given myself. (Your mileage may vary.)

Here's what it pulled up for me today:

You Get What You Give- New Radicals
Deep Inside Of You- Third Eye Blind
I Don't Want To Wait- Paula Cole
Rockin' The Suburbs- Ben Folds
Move On- Jet
Punk Rock Princess- Something Corporate
Lover I Don't Have to Love- Bright Eyes
Pinch Me- Barenaked Ladies
Dancing In The Moonlight- King Harvest
Vienna- Billy Joel (live, from "12 Gardens")
Stop Crying Your Heart Out- Oasis
Gotta stay high- New Radicals
Roll To Me- Del Amitri
Secret- Maroon 5
Mmm-Bop- Hanson
Still Fighting It- Ben Folds
Lucky Man- The Verve
I'll Be There For You(Theme From Friends) - The Rembrandts
12:51:00 PM- The Strokes
December- Collective Soul
Two Princes- Spin Doctors
It's All Been Done- Barenaked Ladies
Hand In My Pocket- Alanis Morissette
Feeling This- Blink-182

I'm guessing the "logic" it used involved finding songs that sounds "retro" regardless of their release date, in which case I should be hearing "Rehab" any minute now...

No comments:

Post a Comment